Expedition Trip Reports

March 3, 2011

Eggspedition- Bathroom Window Mod

I decided that I couldn't travel without the ability of being able to see my TV whilst in the Egg.

A front bathroom window would also give me cross ventilation as '96 SD didn't have bath roof vents.


I contacted Hehr (OEM Supplier, Great to deal with!) and had a custom window fabbed to match the factory's.

It's a 18" x 8" horizontal slider with an obscure fixed pane.  Same as factory's vertical bathroom slider but custom made for horizontal mount with a contoured frame to match the front wall of the egg.

Exploratory hole for wall thickness-


Layout; moved window right 1" off center to eradicate front rivet!-


Radius corner cuts with 5" hole saw-


Double check other side; use hole saw pilots as guides-


No longer worried!!-


Took opportunity to install an interior switch for the front light/motion-


Cut the removed carpet into 1"+ strips and pack around opening so walls do not compress when clamping window-


DONE-



View from throne-


Dual purpose curtain/chamois-


View from rear dinette-


Since installing it the bathroom seems bigger with much more light!-


My design schematic-


Difficulty; I'd say it's a 4 out of 5 banana job.

No comments:

Post a Comment